The Aspraggelon Monastery seems to have been founded in the early 17th century, while its katholikon was renovated in 1835, when it was painted by the painter Anastasios Tsepelovitis. The monastery suffered great damages during the German occupation and since then it has been renovated many times. It is a single-nave barrel-vaulted church with a dome and side linear spaces. To the west there is a narthex, where the entrance to the main church is located.