The church of Agios Nikolaos was built in 1834, after the destruction of the previous church during the revolution of 1821. It is a three-aisled domed basilica with a matroneum in the west side and it is the parish church of Syrrakos. As evidenced by the dates of its despotic icons, the temple was already completed in 1835 and was then reconstructed in 1900.