It is not known when the original church of Perivleptos may have been first built, however there was certainly a church in this location at least from the second half of the 17th century. That church was destroyed during the siege of Ali Pasha in 1820-1822 and the present one was constructed in 1839-1841. The temple and its icons are dated about the same time, while in 1842 frescoes were made in various parts of the church by the painter Theodosios Zois from Ioannina and his son Constantine, as well as by the painter Petros Georgiadis, the head cantor of the Metropolis of Ioannina. It is a three-aisled basilica that is covered with domes, while in the western part there is a matroneum.