Although the foundation of the monastery is mentioned since the 12th century, there is no remnant older than the 19th century, even in the cells a stone with the date 1842 is preserved. Anyway, the katholikon was rebuilt in 1866 by the abbot Parthenios and it is a single-space vaulted church with blind domes. Then, the wood-carved iconostasis was constructed, the icons of which were made in 1869, 1871 and 1875 by the painter Konstantinos Theodosiou from Ioannina. The decoration of the katholikon was completed with the frescoes in 1907.